Thank you for being a part of our online communities. The CCA online communities are designed to encourage healthy, positive exchange of views. The guidelines below must be followed when posting anything or responding to any posts. These policies have been developed to help facilitate social and professional networking and to engage all participants in meaningful dialogue. By joining and using the communities, you warrant that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
CCA Community Rules:
- Challenging or attacking others is prohibited. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Promotion and marketing of products or services is prohibited.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the communities is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal posts and materials are strictly prohibited.
- Posts and replies will demonstrate respect for the diversity of perspectives, political or otherwise, of the Community members. All content should avoid issues unrelated to the actuarial profession.
- Participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities.
Posts that violate any of the above rules may result in removal of your posts. In addition, the following may result in removal:
- Any material that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties
- False, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive content
- Posts that violate the actuarial Code of Professional Conduct
The CCA reserves the right to terminate access by any users who do not abide by these rules. You agree to hold harmless, indemnify and defend the CCA, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the online communities, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature.
Adhering to appropriate etiquette during use of the site will improve the overall experience for you and other members of the Community Site. The CCA offers a few guidelines for your consideration when using the tool.
CCA Etiquette Guidelines:
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Do not send messages with simple responses such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" as all responses will be sent to the entire community.
- Remember that replies to messages – whether you choose “Reply” or “Reply Privately” - are received by all members of the Community. If you wish to send a message to just an individual, forward the message to their specific email address.
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries. The Conference of Consulting Actuaries is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the Conference of Consulting Actuaries or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the Conference of Consulting Actuaries be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Conference of Consulting Actuaries and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct that has the purpose or effect of restricting trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.